Friday, October 25, 2013

Trick-or-Ninja?

Here is a haiku.

I am a ninja.
AY AY AY AY AY AY AY.
I am a ninja.

Jealous much? Sorry, that was random. Obviously I don't write haikus very often. I just had no idea how to start this. But now we're comfortably into the post. See, it makes perfect sense. I like, ooze perfect sense. That doesn't make sense, does it? Oh well.

So anyway, how would you like to hear a detailed account of my social life? Yes, I see that face. YOU DO! Well here you go.






Done! You're welcome.



Again, I apologize for the randomness. But now that I've got most of it out, I can get on to the real subject of this post!

HALLOWEEN!!

Image Courtesy of Carnegie Mellon University Division
BWAHAHAHA! Did I scare you? That picture is rather disturbing. I don't know what they do at that college. 

But anyway, here is my What I Love About Halloween list! Happiness! 

BTW, I've decided to do lists for most of my posts. That way, I don't have to worry about seamlessly connecting my writing in fluid sentence fluency and I can be as random as I want and am. It's hard to connect all these random thoughts I have about detectives into a cohesive (VOCAB WORD!) paragraph.

So here you are!

WHAT I LOVE ABOUT HALLOWEEN!

1) Trick-or-treating. DUH. It's so awesome to run from house to house and ring the doorbells to get candy. Last year I got a ton of . I try to increase my record every year. It makes my mom happy. XD. What I find funny is the program where they pay you for your candy by the pound. Here, I'm not dissing the cause, because it's a great cause, but HONESTLY, who on EARTH is going to trade a POUND of their candy for a stupid DOLLAR? I'm disappointed in you, world. You underestimate us children.

2) The pumpkins. (And the boos and the spooks.) It's always a great time to stick your hand into a gooey, sticky pumpkin and use your fingernails (of an adequate length) to scrape the slippery guts off the inside and then throw it into a bowl. It's also incredibly fun to stick knives into things. Hee. Hee. Hee.

3) The costumes. These are all kind of cliche, but there you go. There are the classic ghosts, and witches and such (although I am not going to admit that I've pretty much been a witch every year for like, ever), but then there are the different costumes. Like, say, the one girl who's dressed as a Home Depot worker. Or Thor. Because Thor is awesome. Or maybe a pancake (though I've never seen someone dressed as that, but wouldn't it be awesome?).

4) Scaring people! Sadly, I'm usually on the receiving end of this, because for whatever reason, I'm a tad jumpy. As in, suddenly show up from behind me and I'll probably scream and fall over. But it's still priceless to use the zombie masks and see the look on someone's face. While we're on the subject, check out this website and play the game. It'll be fun!

5) Ghosts. When I say this, I really mean the ghost that dances on Snapchat. HE'S SO AMAZING!! I couldn't care less about Halloween white sheets.

6) Horror films. HAHAHAHA just kidding. I CANNOT do scary movies. Or really anything scary, for that matter. I'd probably run screaming out of the room if you showed me even a slightly freaky movie.

7) Giving out candy. In my neighborhood, out here in old Silver Creek, we don't trick-or-treat. We'd all have to do a marathon to get a third of a pillowcase full. So whenever we go to someone else's house, I find it so fascinating to answer the door and drop candy into people's plastic pumpkins, and more than average if they have a cool costume.

8) Booing! If you haven't been introduced to this wonderful art, shame. SHAME! Although it doesn't happen much anymore, which makes me sad. Actually, I've only been booed once, when I was really little, so when we went to boo our friends, I was SO excited and thought it was the funniest thing that we rang the doorbell and then ran away as fast as we could.

9) The parade. If you aren't a Trailside kid, I don't know if you did this, but it was awesome. We started with kindergarten and everyone in their costume paraded around the school, picking up older classes as they went by. IT WAS SO FUN!!

But anyway, Halloween is supercool! Except I have no idea what I'm going to be this year. Maybe I'll be a ninja. Ninjas are awesome. Actually, I'll probably end up just going as a witch again...oh well. Witches are the bomb.com! We got the pointy hats, the broomsticks, the evil cackle, and THE MAGIC!






2 comments:

  1. Hahahaha dude I honestly love your blog. And I love how I'm mentioned in this post multiple times! It makes me feel special...!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PLEASE don't be a witch again. Be a visual pun with me! :)

    ReplyDelete