Friday, November 22, 2013

Desmond the Moon Bear

Hey Y'all! (The possum. If you understand, you're probably laughing. If you don't, I'm sorry. I'll try to be more inclusive.)

Anyhow! Earlier this week, I was doing...guess...HOMEWORK! Yay. So. Incredibly. Exciting. (That was sarcasm.)

So there I was, doing homework, all sad and down. Like literally, I was lying on the ground. Actually, I can't remember if I was or not. I just thought that was funny.

And then I thought, why is homework so depressing?

So here's the answer to the question you've probably been asking your entire life:







Actually, I couldn't think of a reason why, so instead, here's a list of things you can do to make homework better (or at least more bearable)!

HOW TO MAKE HOMEWORK MORE BEARABLE!

1) Buy a bear and make him do your homework. HAHAHA SEE WHAT I DID THERE?!!?!?!?!?

Image courtesy of Bardstown


2) Make yourself mac-n-cheese! It's so good! As long as it's Annie's shells. Or you could go with cereal. Cereal works too. Unless you have ice cream, in which case, along with the fact that we are now BFFs forever, EAT THAT! Ice cream, like, automatically puts humans in good moods. It's just a fact of nature (although it's more man-made processed sugar than nature...).

3) Make yourself a talk show. Just film yourself while doing your homework and give comments. Example: "Ahh, so here is the hideous matrix inverse problem, where we are forced to spend hours slaving at multiplication and crossing numbers, forced to with the threat of the prospect of a failing grade, leading to parental anger and no cookies for a month, which is absolutely unacceptable. Agh, what the heck is 1 divided by 4? I DON'T MATH!!" all while making hideously atrocious (VOCAB WORD!) faces at the camera that prove you're still single. Who knows? Post your talk show on Youtube and you might get so famous you won't even have to do matrix inverses any more. Can I say WIN-WIN?!?!

4) Always postpone stuff. It feels so good to watch Kickin' It for four hours before finishing your homework, so you end up getting to stay awake until like midnight and, THEN, you lucky duck, you have the privilege of getting up at six a.m. It's a party, my friends.

5) Listen to music.

Image Courtesy of Gagnamite


POWER!!! Unless you're copying something down, in which case you will probably start writing the lyrics you're listening to without realizing it until the song is over. 2x+7b=I'M FALLING TO PIEEEECESSSS!! Or, if you're listening to good music (cough cough jazz), then you might start writing syllables. Alexander the Great conquered most of modern Europe in the doo wa doo wa doo ba doo ba daht!!

6) I'm having trouble thinking of other things that help to lessen the pain of (GAK) homework. Stand by.

7) Here we go! Go outside!! If it's sunny, you'll be warm and happy. It's also just happy to be outside, in the clean air. ESPECIALLY if it's raining! OR SNOWING!!! WHICH IT IS TODAY AND MAKES ME SO HAPPY!!! OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG (Has anyone noticed how after a while that starts to look like GOM GOM GOM GOM? Pac man's in the house!)

8) Just don't do it. Who cares if you fail Math? Did you really want to be an engineer?

9) If you're gonna do it anyway, and ignore my advice because you really do want to be an engineer, then do it during football commercials. Or Kickin' It commercials. Really, any sports or Disney shows that you might be watching that have commercials. Do it then.

10) Dress up as a superhero (preferably Thor. Yes. Thor is the best. He has a hammer AND OMG THE SECOND ONE JUST CAME OUT AND IT IS SOOOO GOOD YOU SHOULD GO SEE IT RIGHT NOW! Well, after you finish reading my blog, of course). You can feel all super-y as you fly around the house, whishing your cape, jumping over chairs, screaming, "AVENGERS ASSEMBLE!!" and trying to simultaneously write an essay. Trust me, it works.

And there you are. So now doing homework will be easy, simple, and even sometimes fun! Hah. Who am I kidding. But you're welcome anyway.

By the way, were you confused, a note on the title? Another reference to a fantastic Youtube series, to go along with the whole bear-thing...I'll stop talking now. You might get the idea that I'm weird, and we simply couldn't have that. Ciao!

4 comments:

  1. Hahah that title got me so excited....did you see he made a seventh one? It might be my favorite so far! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahem. You make a talk show. You put it on Youtube. You get famous. You get killed. That's how it works. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Were you lying on the cold hard ground?

    ReplyDelete