Well that was random. Anywho, I've now decided to post about something that's a huge part of my life, but for whatever reason I haven't posted about yet. Music!
Sorry if you're not a band geek, this post might not be super interesting to you. On the other hand, you'll get to witness our awesomeness and be jealous. Bwahaha!
This is for all my fellow band geeks.
THE PERKS OF BEING A DIEHARD BAND GEEK
The instrument. Okay, this one's kind of just introductory or something? It was the first thing I thought of. Don't judge. Yet. Anyway, we all have instruments. That. We. Carry. Everywhere. Like legitly, to and from school, different places in between. I don't know about you, but mine's big and bulky and heavy. Flutes, I have no sympathy. IT FITS IN YOUR STINKING BACKPACK. Clarinets are almost as bad.
#MARCHINGBAND! Over the summer we all get buffer than the football team (while rightfully taking back our marching field) because it's incredibly difficult to stand straight as a board and march in time and play in time and play right notes and remember dynamics and hold up your horn at a perfect angle all while you're sweating and your arms and legs are tired and you forgot your awesome Yamaha visor so the sun is in your eyes. Hello, run-on sentence! But anyway, if you think marching band's not a sport, I'd like to see you try. Ha. Ha. Haha.
![]() |
| Image Courtesy of Pinterest |
Pep band. Is. The. Bomb.comdiggity. (That's copyrighted, by the way.) Anyway, it's such a party because we play as loud as we possibly can, totally tearing up our chops, and get to have grapes thrown at us and get some nasty remarks from people who are right in front of us. We have way more fun than anyone else there. It's a total party. You're all jealous.
The chops. We all know that one day where you pick up your instrument and your face is totally cold and you sound like a dying duck. (Gun sound effect.) Or, brass players out there, woodwinds for which I have no sympathy, after you play through third and fourth period and then have pit and a lesson in the same day and your face is about to fall off and you can't even hit a D anymore? Yeah, that's a party.
Pit Orchestra. You gotta be...SINCERE. A pea shooter? Pool. Hymn for a Sunday Evening. Stupid woodwind pizza. (Okay, those aren't the best memories, but I'm having a memory blank at the moment.) Pit was the bomb (dot com diggity). We got to stay at school for an extra three hours just to play music! Not to mention it was totally hilarious to listen to the actors mess up and see the dutiful string section do their homework while the winds made popping noises and shot reed helicopters around the wall.
The people. No offense to anyone, I love you all, but band kids are the best. #BANDKIDSARETHECOOLKIDS. It's like a huge extended family of awesome people who know what a chord change is and understand and laugh hysterically at Tone Deaf Comics. Plus, when you spend too much time in the band room, they're bound to rub off on you.
Okay, and I'm going to have to make this one a to-be-continued because there is so much more to love about band, but I'm kind of already over the 500 word limit and I'm sure I will be on the second post of this....
So anyway, stay tuned for next week's edition of Band Geek Central. I think I'll add more comics, too, because I have a ton of funny ones XD.
CUT!

This is the greatest thing I've ever read.
ReplyDeleteI agree with Morgan, this is fantastic. I think you forgot about the lovely Opening Sequence, Anders getting punched, and oooooooh DOOOOOORIIIIISSSS!
ReplyDelete#BANDKIDSARETHECOOLKIDS
ReplyDeleteim pretty sure i made that up
yay!