Thursday, January 23, 2014

The Hulk and Ella of Frell

Hey guys, apology time. What's it been, like three weeks? I suppose I can write that off as break and that's the reason I didn't post, but that's still uncool. Lately I've also noticed that my posts are a lot longer than other people's...haha...um...awkward pause.... But don't worry, I'll tone it down a bit so you don't get overwhelmingly bored. Sound like a plan, Stan?

So anyway, on to more positive things. Like...Sundance! That's positive, right?



If you're a Parkite, you know that Sundance is in town! Woooo! I think most of us have a love-hate relationship with Sundance. So guess what I'm going to do? Yup. Make a list about Sundance. I'm getting too predicable, huh?

THE WONDERFUL YET TERRIBLE THINGS ABOUT SUNDANCE

1) Traffic! And all around people...so many people! On top of the usual traffic around the high school when school gets out, there are all these weird random people wearing Sundance lanyards blocking our way even more! That's not even mentioning Kimball Junction, which is just an absolute wreck. What I find hysterical is the horns. Every like five minutes there's a horn blaring at someone for doing something perfectly normal, it's just that the horn-beeper feels the need to get somewhere quickly or be rude and feels that hurting everyone's ears is the way to do it most efficiently.

2) Student outreach! It's always great to get to miss math class to get to watch a funny short film, even if you have to endure the arduous (VOCAB WORD!) walk over to the high school and sit in a room full of teenagers and fill out a little What I Learned sheet. Unless the class you're missing is not math, and happens to be fun. In which case student outreach is really annoying.

3) Free stuff! Main Street is the place to be! Hummus and pretzels, hot chocolate, cider, water bottles, candy? A sincere thank you to all those kind organizations who donate free stuff to the poor, sad and hungry goers of Main Street simply to promote your brand name. Can I get an applause?

4) Tourists! (And celebrities)

Image Courtesy of Centurion Magazine

How they all walk around in these ginormus (yes auto correct, I realize that is not a real word, I'm using it for effect, stop killing my vibe) coats and boots and acting like it's -24 degrees outside when it's really a balmy 16. Ah, the "stylish" outfits that really look like a four-year-old playing dress up in a costume shop, the "fashionable" scarves that provide no warmth, the (fake) fur coats. All the heaters everywhere. The whole, "Do you know where the Sundance is?" and the "Where's so-and-so grill?" and the "Are you a celebrity?" Okay, so maybe that last one isn't true, but how cool would it be if it was? We so need to get a group of people to follow an ordinary person around in black and with cameras and see how many people will chase us with autograph books.

5) CELEBRITY HUNTING! Okay, confession time? I've only been celebrity hunting once, this year, and the only person I saw was Kurt Russel, and he was in a car that drove past and I was too stunned to do anything except stare and then suddenly he was gone. All in all, not the best year, especially when I heard people seeing Anne Hathaway and Selena Gomez and Mark Ruffalo and I was like seriously? 

6) Early out and buses! Even though early out really stinks for me because I actually have fun classes fourth periods, it's still pretty cool. But the whole bus thing? Really? It takes like thirty minutes for the buses to go all the way around to the horseshoe and it takes them like twenty minutes to get back to Treasure if you happen to be there, and on top of it you don't know your friends have second round too and have been standing alone pretending like you're texting someone (which you're really not because you have no friends) and then you see them right before you get on the bus and end up missing it when it's right in front of your face because you're talking to said friend. Hello, run-on sentence, but seriously. That legitly happened to me.

So since I'm trying to go short, I'll end there, even though Sundance provides so many more "fun" and "interesting" things that we could discuss and that wasn't really short, was it? Oh well. I'm trying.

Anyway, Happy Sundance! Don't get hit by a tourist who doesn't know the definition of black ice! Remember to call me if you see Selena Gomez! Always honk when the light turns red because life is just that unfair! Ciao!

2 comments:

  1. I love this post! I've never been star stalking, but I swear I'm going next year. You can come with me, and we can go look for famous people and I won't know that I'm staring at a celebrity because I live under a rock. By the way, I heard Selena Gomez is a jerk, so don't bother with her. I've decided that Sundance can be summed up like this:

    Yay, Sundance?

    Anyway, I love your style of writing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How come you didn't use the picture of you wearing that huge eskimo coat!?!?! I'm disappointed in you Molly! Haven't I taught you anything!?!

    ReplyDelete